Originating in London, Ontario, Simply Theatre was formed in 1996 by Dale Hirlehey and James Noonan. Rather than relying on a particular genre, the Founders believe in focusing on telling a good story above all else. Over the years, their productions ranged from one-act plays, favoring David Ives work above all others, full length plays such as Moonlight and Magnolias, My First Time, Dog Sees God and The Compleat Works of Wllm Shkspr (Abridged); and musicals: Godspell, Legally Blonde, Saucy Jack and the Space Vixens (Best of Fringe 2010) and The Rocky Horror Show (Best of Fringe 2011).
1. To develop as a vital theatre group in Calgary.
2. To present great stories using brilliant actors.
3. To make a difference in the lives of those who works on or sees our shows.
4. To be a financially responsible group.
5. To perform at the venue that best suits the needs of our production.